Josee is a graduate of The University of Edinburgh with a BSc in Ecological Science and a PgCert in International Animal Welfare, Ethics and Law. Josee’s Happy Hounds was founded in 2014 to provide dog walking and training services in Edinburgh. Josee volunteers at puppy classes for a non for profit dog training club and is constantly looking to expand her knowledge by attending seminars and workshops. Josee is a proud member of the Pet Professional Guild (PPGBI), aims to become an accredited member of the Institute of Modern Dog Training and is starting her MSc in Clincal Animal Behaviour in 2017.
- Life skills for puppies – Helen Zulch (2014)
- Stop, come, click level one workshop – Jane Arden (2015)
- Dog aggression it’s causes and treatment – John McGuigan (2015)
- Multiple dog situations – Claire Staines (2016)
- The passion of play – Alasdair Bunyan (2016)
- Enriching the lives of dogs at home – Steve Goward (2016)
- Proprioception (balance and core) workshop – Sam Turner (2016)
- Ttouch workshop (2016)
- Career as a dog trainer – Steve Mann IMDT (2016)
Josee has had lots of canine pals over the years, which has helped her gain an understanding of them, she also has a huge interest in learning more about their behaviour and training.
Josee spent the first 8 years of my life living in the South Pacific where her family took in a number of stray dogs and cats. Her uncle bred and trained border collies in the Lake District and since being back in Scotland she visits him and the dogs regularly. Josee had a lovely rescue dog who sadly passed away 2 years ago and the newest addition to the family is her little collie cross, Mossy.
Along will the normal disclosure check, insurance needs and council registration, Josee is also a canine first aider.
Josee is an avid doggy baker and likes to leave samples of lovely homemade baked goodies…because the way to a dogs heart is through their stomach.